Friday, October 17, 2008

I picked up my journal from this summer and on the 70th page it said:

People I Wish I Could Share A Cup of Coffee & Conversation With (Cigarette optional):

  • Bob Dylan (although I'd be battling panic attacks the entire time. I'd be so intimidated.)
  • Bob Saget (this one just occurred to me. I've heard he has a filthy mouth & yet he played one of the most wholesome TV dads of my 90s childhood! Intriguing...)
  • Johnny Cash (just popped up on my iTunes playlist. I'd just have him talk so I could listen to his voice. We would discuss the Bible. I would want to discuss the good ol' B-I-B-L-E with Bob Dylan, too)
  • The White Stripes [Jack and Meg White] (We would discuss his lyrics and her drumming. Also, the importance of child-like behavior)
  • Sylvia Plath (I would try to disuade her from taking her own life. Who knows what words her wonderful mind would have penned, given the chance to age into menopause & beyond!)
  • George Harrison (I forgot his name today in a conversation with Dad about the Beatles & would like to make it up to George by treating him to coffee)
  • Viggo Mortensen (We would discuss how amazing he is.)
  • Joseph Gordon-Levitt (We would discuss beautiful French women and poetry [what he loves] and beautifully printed animals on sheets, blankets, and plates [what I love]. Also, we would discuss Brick, my favorite movie he just happens to star in. He would help me pick it appart.)
  • Jesus (We would discuss Temptation, "going green" - the fad, alternative lifestyles, music, and that sun shower with the giant rainbow we had today. Also, I hope he'd answer some questions I have about the Old Testament.)
  • Professor Timmerman (He was my poetry professor last semester. We would discuss Plath & what he thinks about her bees; especially after that final paper I handed in)
  • The original members of INXS (I would ask them what they were thinking when they picked JD Fortune to be their pretty boy front man)
  • Kevin (from the Jonas Brothers; I just think he's adorable; however, a little too experienced for us to turn into a couple, methinks. Sorry, Kev.)
  • Gustav Klimt (I would try my darndest to make him fall madly in love with me & make me his muse. Lots of m's in the latter part of that sentence.)
  • Sean (He's been counciling at a summer camp; I believe we've lost touch. It would be a nice reunion with my best friend. We would discuss how amazing we are to each other & I would spend the better part of the evening trying to talk him into getting a cat.) (named Sylvia)
  • That guy who owns American Apparel (We would discuss pronography in advertising [epic fail], his fair-trade/made-solely-in-America/sweatshop-free clothing policy [epic win], & his pricing [tie])
  • Whoever came up with the creepy idea to turn your cremated loved ones into diamonds. "Oh, I love those earrings! Where'd you get them?" "Oh, these? Yeah, this is my dad, actually." I suppose it's OK that jewlers & scientists are catering to those suffering Electra/Oedopal complexes. Now you never have to let go of your parents! Even after death. I imagine it's cheaper than cryogenically freezing them, but more expensive than good ol' taxidermy. Still, I'd like to have a word with that guy.
-Taken from my journal, date: August 11, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment