I went to my History class an hour early. But I didn't know I was an hour early; I naturally assumed that I was really dead and that all of my classes were canceled to mourn my loss. Yes, I'm that insanely self-centered. I walked home, contemplating my new found place on this earth, asking why I was still here instead of someplace else if I was really, truly dead. I walked through Johnny's on the way back to BHT and saw a booth for the Peace Corps. Thought about stopping to pick up some pamphlets, but thought against it. What could a dead person do anyway? Could they, in fact, join the peace corps? No, I decided we couldn't. So, I made it back home and checked my schedule and saw that my class doesn't start for another hour. Some people call me spunky, unusual, special, gifted, all euphemisms for Utterly Special Ed.
In other, more beautiful, news: The Most Spectacular Sarah Priestap sent me M. Ward's song "Poor Boy, Minor Key" and, oh my gosh, it's the best song I've heard in a long time. I don't care who you are or what kind of music you listen to - Get M. Ward On Your Computer. Seriously. That 3+ minute song turned my entire day around. Not because the lyrics are any kind of profound or the melody is any kind of spectacular (although the jaunty piano/guitar sound is ...I hate to use words like enchanting but, yeah), but because of the simplicity of it. And there is always beauty in simplicity.
I'm going to Chicago this weekend with Doni to visit her folks. I keep forgetting to call Matt to arrange a meeting. Must remember to do that...
Today's subliminal message: (listen to m. ward)
No comments:
Post a Comment