I have a cold or something. My tonsils and/or lymph nodes are swollen and threatening to kill me every time I swallow my spit. So, drool or die is basically what my body's telling me. Be thankful there's this computer separating me from you.
Doni, Christina, and I are going to Olive Garden for some $5 soup, salad, and bread sticks. I could really go for some soup.
So who caught SNL last night? I did! I missed the first 20 minutes of it, but flipped to it just in time for Weekend Update! with Seth (*le sigh*) and Amy (who looks like the baby's going to pop out of her stomach at any moment). I was watching it with Doni, who said, "I hope that kid's going to look back on this skit and say [while pointing excitedly at the tv screen] That's me! That's me!" I agree. How awesome would it be to be in Amy Peohler's belly while she's rapping about Sarah Palin? ...OK, that was a little weird.
For the record, I don't agree with what the lovely Hortence from jezebel.com had to say about the rap:
Amy rapped about hunting, a bridge to nowhere, and, perhaps most awkwardly, included a "When I say Obama, you say Ayers" reference that seemed to fall flat with the audience. Palin played along as Amy and crew mocked her, but the whole thing was a bit like watching your drunk Uncle Morty take the mic at a wedding and rock out to "We Didn't Start The Fire." You appreciate his attempt and giggle at his rhymes, but honestly, the whole thing is kind of embarrassing and in the end, you just kind of want it to be over.
I thought that "Obama, Ayers" chant was h(i)a-larious (spelt like hilarious, but said like ha-pause-larious). I had quite a giggle and tried to respond back, but my throat started getting grouchy.
I didn't find it embarrassing. There were other, much more embarrassing moments. Like when that one guy stepped in a few minutes before the rap, pretending to be that write-in presidential candidate guy. I didn't get the joke. I don't think much of the audience did either. :/
by the way, hahahahaha. Fantastic. Sarah Haskins (claim to fame: "Woman"), I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment