Thursday, May 12, 2011

Positivity!

I woke up with the sun shining through my blinds and the vague feeling of temporal displacement. What day is it? Do I have to get up for church or work? Wait. Thursday. Neither. And then the most overwhelming diffusion of joy exploded in my head and a million songs burst forth from my heart and the world was so full of color and happiness and those little floating hearts that explode with little plip noises and small drops of pink. 

Aly was still sleeping, Dad had left for work, and Mom was out, mowing the front lawn. Tasha and I made some coffee, grabbed a book, and cuddled on my favorite oversized chair until about 10. She likes to push her head between the pages and rub her chin along the spine crease. It's adorable. Then, at 11, Mom and I took her to another vet for a secondary opinion and decided that the facilities were so clean and the people were so nice and the installment plan was so obliging and the medicine was so cheap that we're going to be switching vets. And Tasha was super chill the whole time (miracle of miracles). And now we're back home. The afternoon will be spent weeding at Nana's, then Mom's going to shop for a birthday gift for Cindy, our mechanic's wife, then we're going to hit up the library, then I'll be making some sort of fishy thing for dinner. ("Fishy", like the animal, not "fishy", like dodgy. Goodness sakes, I'm not that self-aware.)

Did you know that Tegan and Sara run their own tumblr? For reals. Just found it today, even though I profess to be a fan. Worst fan ever? Why, yes. Yes, I am. Oh, nevermind, it's only been up for a few months.
I should maybe update mine with more pictures and quotes and stuff that are not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment