Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wherein Jill, in a highly charged moment of spiritual fervor, rashly agrees to lead Bible study and write devotionals for her campus ministry.

Guys, I'm not prepared for this. I'm not cut out for leadership! I'm barely strong enough to lead myself through a little liturgy, distraction free.
But whispers of Esther keep popping up in the peripheries of conversations. No one flat out says, "Jillie, it is for such a time as this that you have been chosen. Lead, O! Warrior of Light!" but the sentiment is there.
So, I'm just going to stop asking "what am I doing?" and instead ask "What is G-d doing?"

Oh boy. If those are the kinds of lines I'm coming up with I better put in my notice now.

Terrified of both failure and the possibility of passing off her own prejudices as literal Gospel truth,
Jillie

No comments:

Post a Comment